Food and farm products, grown, raised, caught or produced locally help to build a thriving local economy, vibrant soil, healthy population and a quality food system.
To support the sustainable growth of small businesses which benefit the local food economy and the health of SLO County.
1. Continue to make Slow Money SLO operations sustainable so that our future efforts benefit the SLO County food system and the small businesses that support it.
2. Provide growth financing to small businesses that support the food system so they may grow sustainably as they become eligible for traditional lending.
3. Identify and assess impediments to small business growth with the intention over time to finding solutions.
4. Foster and participate in a collaborative and supportive food business community.
5. Support farms and farming tools, methods and practices that build soil fertility.