What is the FarmSLO Program?
FarmSLO is a program started and managed by the non-profit Slow Money SLO. Participation is for and by small, local commercial farmers. There is no fee or obligation of any kind to participate.
FarmSLO provides focus for our work with small, local farms including:
- A farmer led team with personal knowledge of the challenges, opportunities and needs
- An online group for small farmer community discussions – exclusively for small, commercial farmers to interact
- Work with school food services to increase farm buying
- The Slow Money SLO Wilhelm Farm Fund providing short term financial assistance
- Farmer assistance through business coaching
- A Farmer Education Fund for workshop scholarships
- Support for the 2020 Small Farm Conference
- Grant and fundraising efforts to support the program
Contact Jeff Wade with questions about FarmSLO, email@example.com
Watch Here for announcements.
We recently held two farmer gatherings, one in SLO and one in Atascadero. These were the first events that brought together farmers participating in the online Google Group to communicate, share issues and needs and to help farmers who you may not know!
How to Get Involved:
Step One: Send an email to Slow Money SLO to receive an invitation to join the Farmer Google Group. Include your Farm name in the message. Click Here for our Contact Us form.
Step Two: Accept the invitation, it will expire in a few days after it is sent. Then you may send emails to the Group, for all to see. More than 50 farmers are currently participating.
Step Three: Watch for email messages from SLO Farmers and participate in the communications. Post your needs or useful information for other farmers to see by sending an email to the group. We are creating a local, small farm community.
Going forward: Watch for Get Together opportunities. Volunteer to be part of a Planning Team. Come back to this webpage to see Updates with useful information, in case you miss the Google Group emails.