What is the FarmSLO Program?
A new project within Slow Money SLO providing a focus for our work with small, local farms including:
- A farmer led team with personal knowledge of the challenges, opportunities and needs
- Annual goals to ensure farm impact
- Google Group for interaction among the farm community
- Wilhelm Farm Fund to augment peer to peer lending
- FarmSLO domain/pages in the Slow Money SLO website
- Farmer assistance through business coaching
- Educational support including EcoFarm sponsorship
- Specific grant and fundraising efforts to support program
Watch Here for announcements.
We recently held two farmer gatherings, one in SLO and one in Atascadero. These were the first events that brought together farmers participating in the online Google Group to communicate, share issues and needs and to help farmers who you may not know!
How to Get Involved:
Step One: Send an email to Slow Money SLO to receive an invitation to join the Farmer Google Group. Include your Farm name in the message. Click Here for our Contact Us form.
Step Two: Accept the invitation, it will expire in a few days after it is sent. Then you may send emails to the Group, for all to see. More than 50 farmers are currently participating.
Step Three: Watch for email messages from SLO Farmers and participate in the communications. Post your needs or useful information for other farmers to see by sending an email to the group. We are creating a local, small farm community.
Going forward: Watch for Get Together opportunities. Volunteer to be part of a Planning Team. Come back to this webpage to see Updates with useful information, in case you miss the Google Group emails.